About the Blog

This blog was created in hopes that I can spare some of the people in my life who have to listen to my constant rambling about gardening. Now they can choose.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Is it Too Late?


Is it too late to start planting? This all depends on the plants and when it starts to freeze in the fall. However in general I would say... Nope. However, like previously stated it depends on the plant. Keep in mind the list below is a guesstimated opinion, and some of these might not work or may work depending on the situation.





Too Late - Peas,
OK for Seeds - Beans, Corn, Beets, Carrots, Potatoes, Spinach, Lettuce
OK for Plants - Broccoli, Cantaloupe, Watermelon, Tomato, Garlic, Peppers, Eggplant
OK for Plants or Seeds - Cucumbers, Squash, Zucchini

Now it is wise to check the needs of each plant so that you can keep each plant adequately hydrated especially during germination. Carrots especially. Also keep in mind that not every plant will produce as well as they might have if they were planted sooner for example: I planted potatoes in July one year after harvesting peas and I got some potatoes but not like the year I planted them two months earlier.. However with the weather we have been having your guess is as good as mine. My motto is try it and if it doesn't quite work out at least I know not to do that the next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment