About the Blog

This blog was created in hopes that I can spare some of the people in my life who have to listen to my constant rambling about gardening. Now they can choose.

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Why Did They Die? Part 3

3 - Bugs and Disease
Honestly I wish I had a lot to say about these but I really haven't had a ton of experience with them. However I will share the little I know. The best advice I can give about bugs and disease is to learn about the problems in your area. Some plants tend to be more prone to diseases than others, raspberries being a popular one. I wish I know more about the diseases but I haven't spent too much time researching them. As far as bugs or pests there is a number of products on the market to kill them. I really don't like to use pesticide but I have used Sevin dust and some brand of grub killer. The only bug that has given my garden major problems is the notorious squash bug, which wasn't bother by the things I tried aside from squishing. They didn't really like that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment