About the Blog

This blog was created in hopes that I can spare some of the people in my life who have to listen to my constant rambling about gardening. Now they can choose.

Saturday, January 28, 2012

My New Baby!


Disclaimer: This is my rambling story of how and why I got a grow lab. Instructions to follow.


For the past couple years I have been using my classroom Grow Lab to start my plants from seed. Due to the fact that I have been sharing space with science projects I have dreamed of having a home version. A place where my plants can grow uninhibited by the growth of their neighbors. The only problem with having a "Grow Lab" or growing station at home was cost. I just couldn't warrant the cost of the commercial growing stations. That has all come to an end.
Much like most of my other gardening ideas this one started from a conversation with a fellow gardening freak. He was bragging to me about how he was going to make a grow lab from an old shop light, and it was only going to cost him a couple bucks to build to frame. Wel that got me jealous which got me thinking. I decided to look into what a shop light might cost. I did a couple google searches and then posted a question on facebook. The google searches didn't come up with much however my facebook friends assured me that you could get a corded shop light for around $10. So I watched a YouTube video from GardenFork.TV on how to make a cheap growing station and he said that I could find shop lights for $10. That was all I needed and I was off to the hardware store to see what it would cost to make my own. Stay tuned for the instructions and finished product.

No comments:

Post a Comment