About the Blog

This blog was created in hopes that I can spare some of the people in my life who have to listen to my constant rambling about gardening. Now they can choose.

Monday, March 5, 2012

Buying Seeds (Ode to Anderson's)


I was recently asked where I get my seeds and so I decided to make it a post as well. I guess I should start by saying that I buy my seeds from Anderson Seed and Garden in Logan, UT, link is on the sidebar. I have bought seeds at various stores from Walmart to the local Coop but I keep coming back to Anderson's I have even looked into seed catalogs. However there are several reasons I keep going back to Anderson's.

First- I know what I am getting and don't have to wonder if I can get that same thing next year, this works with seed catalogs as well.

Second- I can buy my seeds in bulk meaning if a I need a lot of one seed or very little of another I can get that I don't have to guess with buying seed packets. This is also a nice feature of the seed catalog.

Third- Most of the seeds they sell grow well in a Utah environment or in my area.

Lastly and Most Important - I don't have to guess about certain seeds. When I go in (after doing my online research) I can ask someone who can tell me about the differences in seeds and what to expect from different plants. I can ask about the popular seeds and what people like and why they like them. They are great at this. I can't get that with seed catalog plants. I mean I guess I could if I read up enough but I really don't want to, when I can ask someone.

I looked at a seed catalog this year comparing prices and Anderson's was quite a bit cheaper as well. So I will be going there for a long time to come.

The only downside that I can see to Anderson's is that they don't have as many varieties of seeds as a catalog company but they have what I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment